INTERFAITH, INTERRACIAL, INTERCULTURAL PRAYER FOR PEACE -Ambassador Zara Bayla Juan

INTERFAITH, INTERRACIAL, INTERCULTURAL PRAYER FOR PEACE -Ambassador Zara Bayla Juan
PEACE VIGIL PRAYERS FOR UN INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE 12:00 NOON IN YOUR TIME ZONE

Translate

PRAY FOR PEACE

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peace Vigil 2012: Whatever our vocation is, we all need to belong to something ideal. There's one ideal, not news or views, but by Silence, and we call it Prayer

I got a feedback that those who are meek, pray, but those who are brave, fight. On the contrary, I should say, people who knows how to pray are in fact, brave! Why? Because these are the people who have a strong faith. The faith to believe that prayers can move mountains, can make miracles happen, can heal relationships. People who pray are brave to trust in the control and intervention of the Divine Creator. People who pray are leaders who lead by following the discipline of believing in the power beyond their human control. For the non-believers, prayers may be seen as a waste of time, intended only for those who have free time. But for those who believe, prayer is everything. Prayers is the oil that keeps the flame of passion to life burning. Prayer is the light to get through the dark tunnel of life. Prayer makes the impossible, possible!

But of course, I cannot impose what I believe in. I can just inspire through writings and actions. Having faith takes a conviction. Conviction cannot be gained right away. It takes the whole process. I know the process because I was once an agnostic myself. I am a humanist whose concept of humanity is to live in harmony with my fellow humans and be responsible to nature. I am an activist who pursue human rights causes for more than a decade. I trained myself to hold my emotion very well because other people see me as their leader, and so I should be firm, strong and dignified. I pursue human rights cases to the point of working earnestly to have a revolution inorder to change the system and make it pro-poor where justice is served and where there is equal opportunities for the rich and the poor. The work to make a better place for the future of the children is in my heart, and I dedicated my life to make it happen. It is ideal? Yes it is.... very ideal....

All throughout I live my life only on the humanist level with little and most of time, no spirituality. The work schedule and passion to fight for the causes of human rights fill my sched, that I do not have time to pray. I believe that there is God, but I don't think that I still need God, because then, I believe that God is not too powerful anyway. During that time, I find prayer a waste of time, because there's a lot of work to do, people to meet, and places to go, and prayer is not a necessity anyway. So why pray?

It took years for me to realize that my habit of not praying had actually caused more waste of time. I should have been more productive and more sensitive to humanity, should I took time to pray. It took years of trial and error on my activist life that I've learned that prayer is not a ritual, not just a recitation of chants or verses, but prayer, is plain and simple DIALOGUE: a meeting schedule to God, my Divine Creator, my Leader, my Mentor, my Boss, my everything.

Now in all the things that I do, I make it a point to first and foremost, make a dialogue, a prayer to God to clear all the doubts in my head, to show me the way, to guide in the process of doing my work. And it doesn't only help, but it made me more human. I became more sensitive to my fellow; I've developed my potential better as a leader because of the guidance of handling my strenghts and weaknesses well in order to pursue my mission. With the power of prayer, my idealism on human equality and ways to pursue it, found its direction. It is not trial and error anymore, but there is a vision, a plan designed not only by my mind, but my Divine Creator for me to implement as a missionary and a soldier of life. In prayer, I've found the fulfilment to make real what is ideal! And I see God everytime I pray - the reason why I am no longer an agnostic.

Conviction is faith. Faith is conviction. Miracles happen to those who believe. It may take time for the apathetic, but don't worry just like in peace work, everything is a process. It takes time...

But, if this article hits you, maybe the time for you to believe is near... very near... maybe, just a grasp away?

Be the Peace Leader

Be the Peace Leader
Pray for Peace by Amb Zara Jane Juan

Come & Join Inter-Faith Prayers & Inter-Cultural Dialogue for Peace

Come! Share your Peace! - Ambassador Zara Jane Juan, Sailing for Peace

2012 Video International Day of Peace Vigil by Sailing for Peace

Sailing for Peace Worldwide Peace Vigil

Sailing for Peace Worldwide Peace Vigil
Prayer Vigil for Vatican as Pope expresses sorrow over terrorist attacks and prayed that God will sustain all men of goodwill who courageously roll up their sleeves to deal with the plague of terrorism and this bloodstain which is gripping the world in a shadow of fear and bewilderment

Amb. Zara Jane Juan, Peace Ambassador

Amb. Zara Jane Juan, Peace Ambassador
I choose to be a Missionary of the Interfaith, Interracial, Intercultural Sailing for Peace Program inspired and guided by the discipline and life of the Virgin Mary of the Catholic Church. I am a Catholic, a Lady Datin of the Muslims, a Buddhist in my Healthy Lifestyle and a Hindu in Purifying my Soul. With Free Thinking and Scientific Approach to my Peace Work, my life on the over-all is a whirlwind of Faith and Fate. I refuse donations to my peace work to prevent corruption but rather I decided to live a very simple so that I can fund it personally through my own personal income as Professional Resource Speaker, Author, Visual Artist, Playwright and Director

JESUS CHRIST - 7 LAST WORDS - Lenten Recollection for Christians